Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Announced
Microsoft has announced Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition, the next version of Mojang’s world-building game. The Windows 10 Edition will not replace the existing PC version but they claim the windows 10 edition will “take advantage of the advanced technology and gaming platform provided by Windows 10.”
Some highlights of what players will enjoy in Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta:
- Craft, create, and explore online with up to seven friends playing Windows 10 Edition Beta, through local multiplayer or with your Xbox Live friends online.
- Play online and local multiplayer with other Pocket Edition players thanks to a free update, due to arrive soon after launch.
- Support for multiple inputs – switch between controller, touch, and keyboard controls with little to no effort
- Record and share gameplay highlights with built-in GameDVR.
- Help shape the future of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta with built-in player feedback mechanisms
- Chickens, zombies, pigs, boats, armed skeletons, potatoes, zombies, baby squids, enchantment tables, villagers, naked sheep, iron golems, potions, ghasts, pickaxes, carrots, and all the weird and wonderful goodness you’ve come to expect from Minecraft
For the current owners of Minecraft on PC will receive the Windows 10 version for free but will cost $10 for new players for a limited time.
Windows 10 Edition will first release in beta form. You can get your hands on the game on July 29.