The placenta is amazing!!
It provides nourishment to, and eliminates waste from the baby. The baby takes oxygen from its mama with the help of the placenta. The placenta secretes hormones that regulate and maintain pregnancy, as well as blocking many harmful substances that may reach the baby. The placenta has amazing capabilities during the postpartum period too. It contains your own natural hormones and is made perfectly for you. If reintroduced into your system, the placenta can heal, sustain, and strengthen.
Your baby’s placenta is believed to:
- balance energy depleted by labor & birth
- replenish iron, minerals & vitamins
- balance hormones
- lessen postnatal bleeding
- increase milk production
- help you have a happier postpartum period
- complement your body’s effort in returning the uterus to its pre-pregnancy state
- be helpful during menopause
There are many ways to ingest your placenta. A quick internet search will show dozens of recipes as well as tips on eating it raw. These methods work very well, though encapsulating your placenta has its benefits, when compared. If you would like to ingest your placenta in other ways aside from encapsulation, We can help you with that too! We use the method that adheres to Traditional Chinese Medicine and treat the placenta as sacred by honoring its life sustaining qualities. We will prepare it to continue its work with you. If properly stored, the capsules can be used long-term and you can even freeze leftover capsules to use as a homeopathic now and into menopause.The full encapsulation process is $250 and We offer discounts for our midwifery clients! We accept cash, credit cards, check, money order and paypal. If you are interested in purchasing this service as a gift contact us for details
!For an additional fee of $50 each, We also offer:
- Placenta Prints – Your placenta will create a beautiful print of The Tree of Life. The cord becomes the trunk and vessels become branches. If you would like a placenta print, please let us know ahead of time.
- Placenta tinctures – This is a homeopathic placenta remedy and only takes a small piece of placenta. It can be kept indefinitely. If you would like a placenta tincture, please let us know ahead of time.
- Placenta consultation – If encapsulation is not your forte, we can sit down and come up with the perfect way to consume your placenta, cooked or raw.